At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Family Adventures and Signature Collection|
|Duration:||4.5 to 5 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$319 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$229 (ages 5 to 9)|
|Ages:||5 And Up|
- Meet your guide, board an air-conditioned motorcoach and travel approximately 45 minutes through the center of Catania towards the foot of Mount Etna to a splendid "mulberry – farmhouse" where they produce a type of mulberry that's common in southern Italy. During your approximate one-hour visit, discover a marvelous manor of 65 hectares cultivated of citrus and olives, owned by an old noble Sicilian family. "La Tenuta del Gelso", as the farm is named, was made famous in the 9th century, thanks to the talent of the Baron Franz Mannino. A trader and entrepreneur, he started a flourishing business in citrus and wines produced on the farmhouse exporting to North Europe and America. Tour the facilities and groves as well as its bodegas, a symbol of the family's ancient wine tradition.
- Take part in a Disney Cruise Line exclusive family cooking class where you'll learn the step-by-step recipe of the "pasta al forno" (baked pasta) and the "cannolo." From the preparation of the baking pan to placing it into the oven, Guests will be asssisted by the local staff and chef.
- Prepare the ricotta cheese that will be used to fill the famous Sicilian cannolo and complete this family-fun experience.
- Enjoy the delicious fruit of your creation together with local wine or fruit juices.
- Reboard the transportation back to the pier.
- Wheelchairs need to be standard size and collapsible; no electric wheelchairs/scooters are permitted. Guests must be able to board and disembark the motor coach/vehicle on their own.
- The order of tour sites and its durations may vary depending on traffic and overcrowding of venues.
- Wine may be served to Guests ages 21 and older only.
- Guests are encouraged to bring credit cards and currency to purchase optional extras such as souvenirs, food and beverages.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.