On this tour you will:
- Meet your guide, board an air-conditioned mini bus and travel approximately one hour to the town of Viagrande.
- Arrive at a typical Sicilian house of the 18th century, surrounded by green countryside, in one of the picturesque villages on the slopes of Mount Etna. The house is set in the pleasant atmosphere of the volcano whose fertile soil and particularly favorable climate are ideal for the farming of various produce. The area is known for its orange groves, lemon groves and vineyards producing DOC wine (denomination for controlled red, rosé and white wines produced at Etna).
- Meet gastronomy journalist Eleonora Consoli, who will host you in her very own kitchen for a fantastic cooking demonstration where you get to participate. The experience is based on famous Sicilian recipes, focusing on pasta, meat and vegetable dishes. Enjoy an apéritif (a drink served before a meal to stimulate appetite) as you assist and participate with Mrs. Consoli in the preparation of dishes. Afterwards, taste the fruits of your labor in addition to some other specialties prepared by Eleonora and her team.
- Conclude your amazing gastronomical experience and relax on the scenic drive back to Catania.
Important Additional Information
- Guests must be ambulatory. Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchairs or electric scooters.
- Meal options will vary based on the produce available in season and the Chef's choice. A variety of dishes will be available on buffet style, including a pasta, vegetable and meat option. Wine and any other alcoholic beverage will be served to Guests ages 21 and older only.
- Guests are encouraged to bring credit cards and currency to purchase optional extras such as souvenirs, food and beverages.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.