2702 Harborside Drive
Galveston, TX 77550
There are 2 cruise terminals. See details about the Port of Galveston cruise terminals.
The nearest major airports to Galveston are Houston Hobby Airport (HOU), which is approximately 38 miles/one hour from Galveston and George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH), which is approximately 70 miles/1.5 hours from Galveston. Drive times will vary based on traffic.
From the East:
- Take State Highway 87 West to Galveston Island.
- Using the Port Bolivar vehicle ferry system, exit the ferry onto Ferry Road, Highway 87. (Please allow additional time for possible ferry delays.)
- Turn right onto Harborside Drive.
- Continue approximately 20 city blocks.
- Turn right onto Kempner / 22nd Street and continue to the cruise terminal.
From the North or West:
- Take Interstate 45 South to Galveston Island
- Take Exit 1C and follow the exit feeder to Harborside Drive (Highway 275)
- Turn left onto Harborside Drive and continue 4.7 miles.
- Turn left on Kempner / 22nd Street and continue to the cruise terminals.
The Galveston-Port Bolivar Ferry is free and is open to the general public. One ferry operates 24 hours a day and the second ferry operates from 6:30 AM and runs for 8 to 12 hours, depending on traffic. The ferry ride is approximately 20 minutes.
Vehicles are allowed a maximum size, which is 65 feet long by13.5 feet tall by 8.5 feet wide and not to exceed 80,000 pounds. For additional ferry information or special needs, Guests may call (409) 795-2230.
- Parking is available at the Port of Galveston's parking areas on 33rd Street and Harborside Drive.
- Rates for long-term parking vary by length of stay and discounts are available for pre-paying online.
- RVs and campers will be charged a higher rate.
- The Port of Galveston accepts cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover or U.S. Travelers Checks
Luggage Handling & Transfers
Disney Cruise Line representatives will be at the terminal to meet and greet and check-in Guests from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Porters will be on hand to assist with luggage.
All Guests must be onboard the ship by 4:00 p.m.
You can register your kids for onboard youth activities while you're waiting to embark. Families who have pre-registered online should go to the Youth Activities Check-In Area at the terminal to pick up wristbands (if applicable).
There are no ATMs in the cruise terminal. You can cash personal checks and exchange currency at the Guest Services desk onboard the ship with a valid photo I.D. Also, the ports of call have ATMs.
The Port of Galveston's terminal building and parking areas are wheelchair accessible. If you require temporary use of a wheelchair at the pier upon embarkation or debarkation, please request one upon arrival at the cruise terminal.